Download the 2016 Compliance Plan Graphic
A free download for your office or desktop. Remind yourself to do the little things to stay on track with your plan.
OCR Risk Analysis Guidance
ONC Risk Assessment Tool
ONC created a FREE app for your desktop or iPad to help when doing the Security Risk Assessments required by the Security Rule. It lists all the requirements in the law and has you enter information on how you have met each of them. Security Risk Assessment Tool This tool is not for the technically challenged or for someone that doesn’t read the legal and know how to associate it with your practices. If you are able to handle both of those needs the tool is a great aid for documenting your assessments properly.
ONC Guide to Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Information
Link to the complete PDF here or a directly to a chapter below:
- Why Do Privacy and Security Matter?
- Your Practice and the HIPAA Rules
- Understanding Patients’ Health Information Rights
- Understanding Electronic Health Records, the HIPAA Security Rule, and Cybersecurity
- Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs Meaningful Use Core Objectives that Address Privacy and Security
- Sample Seven-Step Approach for Implementing a Security Management Process
- Breach Notification, HIPAA Enforcement, and Other Laws and Requirements
An Introductory Resource Guide for Implementing the HIPAA Security Rule
An Introductory Resource Guide for Implementing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule Issued for Federal Agencies to follow by: Computer Security Division Information Technology Laboratory National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments
Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments The down and dirty details you need to understand what is really expected when you perform a Risk Assessment. This covers not only HIPAA CEs and BAs but doing one for any business just like Federal Agencies are required to follow. Computer Security Division Information Technology Laboratory National Institute of Standards and Technology September 2012
Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Version 1.0 National Institute of Standards and Technology February 12, 2014