New! Get The Help Me With HIPAA App Today!
- 3 reports from IT that you need - Ep 166
- Does size really matter? - Ep 165
- How to save money in a data breach - Ep 164
- Do you know where your logs are? - Ep 163
- Messaging Failures Times 3 - Ep 162
- MD Anderson Loses OCR Challenge - Ep 161
- Managing Medical Devices - 4 steps plus a bonus - Ep 160
- OCR Investigations - What do they ask - Ep 159
- Network Security Alerts For Everyone - Ep 158
- Cyber Experts Agree We Are Not Alone - Ep 157
- What data do you protect? - Ep 156
- Digital Spring Cleaning - Ep 155
- Risk OR Gap Analysis THAT Is The Question - Ep 154
- 5 HIPAA Cybersecurity Laws - Ep 153
- Don't accept candy from strangers - Ep 152
- Physicians and Security Officers - Ep 151
- Ready for extreme vendor vetting? - Ep 150
- National HIPAA Summit News - Ep 149
- Cyberscary Trends - Ep 148
- Cybersecurity And The Law - Ep 147
- 6 Listener Questions - Ep 146
- Uber Health HIPAA - Ep 145
- Does healthcare suck at cybersecurity? - Ep 144
- Cyber issues around every corner - Ep 143
- Do I Need A Lawyer? - Ep 142
- 5 Breaches Equals 1 Big Settlement - Ep 141
- HIPAA Made Easy? - Ep 140
- 6 Cybersecurity Lessons In The News - Ep 139
- Cybersecurity Outside The Office - Ep 138
- OCR Ends 2017 With A Bang - Ep 137
- Meltdown - Patch Baby Patch - Ep 136
- 7 Educated Guesses About 2018 - Ep 135
- Pay Now Or Pay Even More Later - Ep 134
- 2017 Blooper Episode - Happy Holidays
- Cybersecurity Naughty List 2017 - Ep 133
- Five Phishing Findings From Google - Ep 131
- SOC2 certification is not HIPAA compliance - Ep 131
- Black Friday Replay 8 Common HIPAA Myths
- 5 Things To Do Before Year’s End - Ep 130
- Text messaging is not secure by default - Ep 129
- Is there a cyber storm brewing? Ep 128
- HIPAA Horror Stories V3 Ep - 127
- Social Media, Marketing, and HIPAA - Ep 126
- On-boarding and Termination Checklists - Ep 125
- Talk To The Boss About HIPAA - Ep 124
- OCR Audit Updates Phase 2 - Ep 123
- NIST and OCR Security Conference Part Deux – Ep 122
- NIST and OCR Security Conference - Ep 121
- Disaster Recovery Preparations Ep - 120
- Should I use a local, data center, or cloud server? - Ep 119
- What is reasonable and appropriate? Ep 118
- Alexa and HIPAA Plus Other Questions - Ep 117
- Security Incident Investigations Find More Than Expected - Ep 116
- Incident Response Plans V2 - Ep 115
- Compliance Officer Personal Liability? - EP 114
- OCR Mic Drop For Cloud Providers - EP 113
- NotPetya, Windows, and Ransomware - Ep 112
- Breach reporting costs and decisions for 2017 - Ep 111
- What is MDM and why do I want it? - Ep 110
- eCW Whistleblower Made The Difference - Ep 109
- 5 Stages Of Grief During A Cyber Attack - Ep 108
- 10 Ways HIPAA Should Have Stopped Rodeo Drive Breach - Ep 107
- Disclosure of PHI in May OCR settlements - Ep 106
- Answering Listener Questions - Ep 105
- What should we learn from WannaCry? - Ep 104
- Managing Third Party Access - Ep 103
- No, No, No says OCR in three April settlements - Ep 102
- Are we creating a crisis of trust in healthcare? - Ep 101
- Top 10 HIPAA Lessons - Ep 100
- Examples of what not to do from OCR AGAIN - Ep 99
- State privacy and breach laws and HIPAA - Ep 98
- Insiders may be your biggest threat to privacy and security Ep - 97
- What is included in a mobile access policy - Ep 96
- Can we build a national culture of cybersecurity? - Ep 95
- Frank Abagnale Can Even Scare Us About ID Theft - Ep 94
- HIMSS17: Deven McGraw Talks HIPAA Enforcement - Ep 93
- HIPAA Hodge Podge - RDP FAXing Dumpsters - Ep 92
- What is HIPAA privacy anyway - Ep 91
- First HIPAA Settlements of 2017 - Ep 90
- Understanding Cybersecurity Insurance With John Miller of Sterling Risk Advisors - Ep 89
- 8 Common HIPAA Myths - Ep 88
- Healthcare Breaches Continue in 2017 - Ep 87
- MACRA and HIPAA - Ep 86
- 2017 Compliance Management Plans - Ep 85
- Healthcare Cyber Attacks - Ep 84
- 2016 Blooper Show - Happy Holidays!
- HIPAA 21st Century Cures Act - Ep 83
- OCR Phishing And More Announcements - Ep 82
- Phishing Attacks In Healthcare - Ep 81
- Ep 81 Is Being Held For Ransom
- HIPAA Compliant Cloud - Ep 80
- OCR Audits and Enforcement 2016 - Ep 79
- HIPAA Security Conference 2016 - Ep 78
- HIPAA Halloween Haunted House - Ep 77
- Ransomware and HIPAA - Ep 76
- Disaster Recovery Planning Under HIPAA - Ep 75
- HIPAA Security Updates Recommended In New Report - Ep 74
- Business Associate Security Issues - EP 73
- HIPAA Penalties Increasing - Ep 72
- OCR small breach investigations increasing - Ep 71
- Insider Threats: Do you know who your employees are? - Ep 70
- OCR 2016 settlements keep coming - Ep 69
- OCR Desk Audit Details - Ep 68
- Pokemon Go and HIPAA Breaches - Ep 67
- Healthcare Hack: PHI For Sell On The DarkNet - Ep 66
- OCR resolution agreement - OHSU - EP 65
- Security Incident Response Plan - Ep 64
- Medical Device Security - Ep 63
- Business Associate Breaches In The News - Ep 62
- Healthcare Data Breach Study - Ep 61
- HIPAA Rules In A Crisis - Ep 60
- HIPAA, HHS, OCR, and PHI - Ep 59
- Preventing Ransomware - Ep 58
- HIPAA Policy and Procedure Templates - Ep 57
- Malware Protection under HIPAA - Ep 56
- New HIPAA Privacy Rules Guidance - Ep 55
- HIPAA Access Log Audits - Ep 54
- What does a data breach cost? - Ep 53
- Ep 52: HIPAA Podcast One Year Anniversary Interview
- Ep 51: Small Office HIPAA Compliance
- Ep 50: Website Security Questions
- Ep 49: New OCR Audit Protocol Review
- Ep 48: Disaster Recovery for Flooding
- Ep 47: Latest HIPAA Buzz
- Ep 46: HIPAA Enforcement 2016
- Ep 45: Why Do We Need HIPAA
- Ep 44: HIPAA Social Media Policies
- Ep 43: Ransomware Response Planning
- Ep 42: PHI Locations In Your Organziation
- Ep 41: HIPAA Compliant Vendor Vetting
- Ep 40: Creating HIPAA Training Programs
- Ep 39: Cybersecurity Tips From The FBI - Check Your Security
- Why HIPAA Is Important To You?
- Ep 38: Clinical HIPAA Perspectives with The Nerdy Nurse
- Ep 37: PHI Breaches - 2015 Ends With A Bang!
- Ep 36: HIPAA Now An Element In Other Assessments
- Ep 35: Breach Response Planning with ID Experts
- Ep 34: New Years Resolutions for Compliance Officers
- Episode 33: Holiday Special
- Episode 32: 2015 HIPAA Gift Giving Guide
- Episode 31: Enforcement efforts by OCR should increase in 2016
- Episode 30: Can I Be Sued Under HIPAA?
- Episode 29: HIPAA Black Friday Sale
- Episode 28: Rise of The Machines, the Internet of Things in Healthcare
- Episode 27: Six Things To Expect From HIPAA Compliant IT providers
- Episode 26: OCR CAP OMG
- Episode 25: Halloween Special - Scary HIPAA Stories
- Episode 24: To BAA or not to BAA, that is the question....
- Episode 23: If it moves - encrypt it.
- Episode 22: So you think you're covered by cybersecurity insurance. Well...
- Episode 21: Where does your fruit hang?
- Episode 20: Its The People, People
- Episode 19: "I am vulnerable, too" said your smartphone
- Episode 18: Email isn't secure, really, it isn't
- Episode 17: Compliance Management with ComplyAssistant
- Episode 16: Seven Steps for Nurturing a Culture of Compliance
- Episode 15: It's not just about HIPAA anymore
- Episode 14: HIPAA Log Audits with AMS Spher
- Episode 13: What is a HIPAA Risk Analysis
- Episode A2: HIPAA Answers - BA question from a listener
- Episode 12: Breach Response Plans
- Episode A1: HIPAA Answers - How do I get rid of my printers properly?
- Episode 11: Ponemon Study 2014 on Healthcare Breaches
- Episode 10: ONC Sample Seven-Step Approach for Implementing a Security Management Process
- Episode 9: HIPAA Myths Part 3
- Episode 8: HIPAA Myths Part 2
- Episode 7: HIPAA Myths Part 1
- Episode 6 - HIPAA Compliant IT
- Episode 5: Without Documentation It Didn't Happen
- Episode 4: How Do You Eat An Elephant?
- Episode 3: Let's Talk Encryption
- Episode 1 - Who & What is Help Me With HIPAA
- Episode 2: Business Associates
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Leave Us A Voice Message
What Others Are Saying About Help Me With HIPAA
- Great ContentFebruary 14, 2018 by Iron Man1234 from United States
Love the content! Very useful and relevant information!
- Love these two!September 17, 2017 by wsiinfo from United States
Just found this podcast and love the interaction between these two! Makes a dry subject more tolerable. Would love to hear deeper dives on technical topics.
- Thank you very much!!October 18, 2016 by Itstu92 from United States
A great way to keep informed on this important topic.
- EducationAugust 12, 2016 by D@payer from United States
Donna & David do a great job of explaining HIPAA in a way that makes it easy to understand and operationalize
- Great training tool for trainers!June 10, 2016 by BNNelson from United States
I'm a compliance analyst for our local nonprofit hospital. I recently came across your podcast while looking to improve the training that I provide to our hospital employees for both orientation and refreshers. I listen to a lot of webinars, but this is the best resource that I've found so far. I've taken away so much information that I can incorporate into my own employee training. Thank you so much for putting this out there.
- informativeJune 3, 2016 by D@payer from United States
Podcast is informative, and the hosts make the subject enjoyable. As an Information Assurance analyst for a small payer, I’m always interested in what the healthcare community is doing to keep up with regulations. This podcast is very helpful in that area.
- Need to know about HIPAA?May 18, 2016 by Jkennedy93 from United States
HIPAA is an acronym that gives a lot of healthcare professionals the heebie-jeebies! But no worries with the Help me with HIPAA podcast. Hosts Donna Grindle and David Sims really dig into the nuances of HIPAA and privacy compliance. Who knew there was so much to know and learn?
- Help me with Hipaa! GRRREAT!!May 17, 2016 by JoniAsh_2016 from United States
Pieces of the Hipaa puzzle are coming together thanks to this podcast! I appreciate when people like you guys take time to help people like me learn and understand. Like the humor too!
- Accurate info you can put to use -and it's free!April 6, 2016 by droidsnspace from United States
If you have to know HIPAA (and who doesn't), this is a great resource. I know quite a bit about HIPAA security and I still learn something with every episode. Donna knows HIPAA inside and out and David brings his own set of skills. They are an entertaining podcasting team.
- Best resource out there!March 7, 2016 by mac_0_9 from United States
The Help Me With HIPAA podcast offers a wealth of information regarding HIPAA for anyone in the IT or healthcare industry. The format is informative, entertaining and well done. This is a very unique and free resource that helps to fill a huge void in the industry. I'm a faithful listener and recommend it without reservation.
- Amazing resource!February 12, 2016 by Ophth tech trainer from United States
A great HIPAA resource and entertaining at the same time!!
- Nursing StudentOctober 30, 2015 by tracyredd622 from United States
Everyone should start their day with one of these podcast! Definitely the highlight of the things I have to learn, and I get to laugh, too! Love it!
- So informative.August 31, 2015 by Boi03 from United States
Packed with a ton of value. Donna and David definitely know their stuff. I recommend this podcast to anyone wanting to learn more about HIPAA.
- Great info!August 28, 2015 by Edu571 from United States
There are a lot of misconceptions about HIPAA and how to get AND maintain compliance. These guys know their stuff and present it in a fun, light-hearted way. Even if you don't have to comply with HIPAA, the information provided is of great value and represents what every business should be doing to protect their clients and their employees.
- Great information!August 22, 2015 by KKG06 from United States
I had to listen to it twice .....once in the car and a second time to take notes. Truly unique security information!
- Excellent content!July 28, 2015 by enotStudio from United States
As an IT service provider that is a BA with few Covered Entity's I have really enjoyed (imaging that, enjoying something HIPAA related) and benefited from the content shared on this podcast. While it doesn't focus on IT topics per se it is still very applicable. I have been recommending my health care clients listen to it as well. So far (7/28/15) I think my favorite episode is #10 because it gives a great overview of what you should be doing. Keep up the good work and the relavent content, particularly for those of us with "smaller" HIPAA related businesses.
- HIPAA For IT And ProvidersJune 17, 2015 by Steve @ Neotech from United States
A great resource on HIPAA technology for both IT consultants and healthcare providers alike.